LOCATIONS: Mississauga, Toronto, Scarborough, North York, Richmond Hill, Markham
SHIFTS: Mornings, afternoons, evenings
PAYRATE: $32-$37 (Pay may be negotiable based on experience)
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrates an understanding and commitment to the Home’s Mission, Values and /Vision.
- Adheres to established facility and departmental policies and procedures.
- Adheres to standards of employee conduct. Protects the rights of the residents and family in matters of confidentiality, privacy, beliefs and values.
- Monitors the residents’ health status on an ongoing basis and initiates appropriate nursing interventions.
- Assesses need for referral to physicians, processes and implements physician’s orders.
- Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by Physician. Observes changes in condition resulting from medications.
- Performs basic nursing skills as listed in Standards of Practice.
- Maintains accurate and complete records of nursing observations and care.
- Is responsible for the implementation and evaluation of the effectiveness of the Nursing Care Plan.
- Completes Quarterly Summaries and reassessments in accordance with established policy and procedures.
- Is responsible for assessing change in resident health status. Contacts physician and transfers resident to acute care facility as needed.
- Participates in restorative needs and motivation of residents and facilitates the provision of activation programs.
- Reports any alleged incidents of abuse to DOC/Administrator immediately.
- Documents all incidents/accidents, completes appropriate forms, and ensures that corrective action is taken.
- Performs nursing duties required for residents during admission, discharge and/or transfer to another facility.
- Utilizes leadership and management skills to identify and solve problems.
- Plans, directs and monitors the work of nursing and offers personal care staff, and offers feedback for performance evaluations of other Nursing Staff.
- Acts as a resource person, facilitator and leader for the RPN and HCAs in the facility.
- Orientates and trains new personnel and participates in in-service education when required.
- Organizes daily assignments and adjusts work routines on unit.
- Schedules staff in facility in absence of RHA Coordinator or as required.
- Records and reports unsafe and hazardous working conditions and any equipment malfunctions to Department Head/Director of Care.
- Ensures ongoing availability and maintenance of nursing supplies and equipment
- Monitors the safekeeping of stock medications and supplies.
- Ensures security of facility on Evening and Night shifts and weekends
- Reports accurate and pertinent information to the appropriate members of the Multi-Disciplinary Care Team.
- Gives/receives reports to ensure ongoing communication and passes on the keys to replacement Nurse
- Participates on committees as required.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Functions within current legislation and regulations related to profession and field of practice. Functions within the policies and practices of the Home
- Is accountable for own actions.
- Seeks help and guidance when unable to perform competently.
- Maintains competence relative to current practice.
- Current certificate of competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Comprehensive knowledge of nursing and health care practices in gerontology and experience in long-term care.
- A minimum of one year experience in a long term care setting is preferred.
Thank-you, Stay Safe and Have a great day!
Front Line Work Force Inc.
2077 Dundas St E unit 202, Mississauga, ON L4X 1M2
Office: 905 629 7052
Fax: 905 629 7056