- Health Services
- $25.00/hr - / Weekly
- Full Time
Community Mental Health & Housing Worker
Front Line Health Care offers support to agencies, organizations and institutions that work with children, adolescents, adults and seniors who are experiencing behavioural, social, emotional and psychiatric difficulties.
We provide a professional and individualized approach to a Client-Centered Support system, reinforcing safety of the individual while contributing to specific client needs in their environment.
At Front Line Health Care we offer a smarter way to staff selection. Our clients rely on us to provide qualified, reliable and caring professionals to implement a high level of service to clients and patients that require unique care.
Our client is a leader in the field of supportive housing and recovery for people living with Mental Illness. They have the following opening for individuals interested in joining our progressive workplace:
Community Mental Health & Housing Worker Two 3 month Contract Positions
Nature and Scope:
Our client operates within Recovery and Harm Reduction frameworks and supports diversity and antioppression principles in its work with members. The Community Mental Health & Housing Worker works as part of a team that provides support to people with mental health issues, addictions, and complex care needs in a supportive housing setting. Informal counselling, health promotion, practical support, community development, system advocacy and service/resource coordination are key components of the daily work.
Skills, Knowledge, and Experience
• Knowledge of mental health issues , addictions, complex care needs, harm reduction, homelessness, community resources
• Strong assessment (e.g. psychosocial assessment, OCAN, and safety assessment) and problem solving skills
• Experience in addressing recovery goals based on support plans, training around activity of daily living skills and housing retention, supportive counselling, crisis intervention, advocacy, networking, coordination of care and services , community development and group work, including conflict resolution and mediation
• Interpersonal and team work skills – strong verbal, written, and communication skills
• Familiarity with supportive housing, landlord and tenancy issues
• Ability to formulate client centred plans, goal setting, life skills coaching
• Experience in data management, recordkeeping and computer literacy
• Organizational and time management skills
• Commitment to recovery principles, anti-oppression and diversity
At Front Line Work Force Inc., we offer Competitive Pay, Weekly Pays, Weekly Paid Vacation Pay, Direct Deposit & Benefits are available . If you are interested in any of the above position, please bring in your resume, Photo ID & SIN card at time of application. We will be accepting applications Monday to Friday between 9am-3pm.FRONT LINE WORK FORCE INC 2077 Dundas St East Unit 202 Mississauga Ontario L4X1M2 (2 sets of lights west of Hwy 427, across the street from Leon’s) or send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
$25.00/hr , Two 3 month Contract Positions