- Staffing Services (Light Industrial)
- $17.00/hr - / Weekly
- Full Time
Mfg. Visual Display products
Rate of Pay: $17.00/hr
Shift Hours: Monday-Friday 7:00am-3:30pm
The Production Operator is responsible for providing assistance to the production staff in completing their assigned tasks.
• Operate all equipment in a safe and efficient way according to all relevant legislation, policies and procedures.
• Operate basic hand tools such as saws and drills. Safely use shop machinery such as a press, shearer and decoyer.
• Assemble materials to create final products using above mentioned tools and machines.
• Lift and carry merchandises as needed.
• Load and unload materials from delivery trucks.
• Packing, wrapping, labeling, and/or shipping products. Maintain shipping and receiving logs and makes sure that incoming and outgoing products and material are in good condition.
• Provide manual labour assistance on various tasks as assigned.
This position requires a moderate to high degree of standing, walking, stooping or kneeling, close eye work, reaching, pulling or pushing. Good hand dexterity, hearing, and vision are considered essential. A moderate to high degree of repetitive motions using right, left, or both hands and/or feet may also be required. Requires wearing personal protective equipment. Requires working indoors in environmentally non-controlled conditions (wood working environment, wood dust, poly plastic dust). Includes responsibility for the health and safety of others.
• Ability to communicate effectively in English.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
• Ability to read and understand equipment operation manuals, Safety Data Sheets, and other literature as required.
• Basic computer knowledge preferred.
• Good mathematics skills
• Critical Thinking/Problem solving
Days or Afternoons
Temp to perm, Full benefits after hire + after 6 mths you can participate in company pension plan