Front Line Health Care offers support to agencies, organizations and institutions that work with children, adolescents, adults and seniors who are experiencing behavioural, social, emotional and psychiatric difficulties.
We provide a professional and individualized approach to a Client-Centered Support system, reinforcing safety of the individual while contributing to specific client needs in their environment.
At Front Line Health Care we offer a smarter way to staff selection. Our clients rely on us to provide qualified, reliable and caring professionals to implement a high level of service to clients and patients that require unique care.
Long Term Care / GERIATRIC CARE / Senior Housing
Position: RPN – Registered Practical Nurse
Accepting: Fulltime, Part-time and Casual
Locations: Scarborough Markham, North York, Mississauga
Pay rate: $36.00 / hr
Shifts: Required to work all three shift: Days, evenings, nights, and weekends (will consider those who can work one or 2 shifts)
Performs the functions of Registered Practical Nurse in compliance with the standards of practice for Registered Practical Nurse developed by the College of Nurses, and provides high quality nursing service that reflects the organization’s resident centred approach, vision and policies. As a Unit Nurse, the Registered Practical Nurse is responsible for day to day supervision of staff in the unit and coordination of resident care with interdisciplinary team members as well as communications with families.
- Performs the functions of a Registered Practical Nurse according to the Standards of Nursing Practice for Registered Practical Nurse developed by the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Consults the Team Lead, as appropriate, about changes in residents’ condition, any occurrence of adverse events, or as necessary
- Effectively implements the nursing process, including assessment, planning, implementation, evaluation, and documentation
- Monitors, implements and adheres to legislations, standards, policies and procedures of the LTC home
- Maintains regular and effective communication with family members for timely updates and support
- Maintains close working relationship with attending physicians, laboratories, agencies and hospitals and related disciplines to ensure timely and appropriate delivery of services to residents. Initiates contact with appropriate team members as required by the resident’s condition to improve the functioning of the resident
- Plans and directs the work of Personal Support Workers assigned to the unit
- Assists in new staff orientation and in-service education
- Provides ongoing feedback/coaching to Personal Support Workers in the unit, and monitors performance and compliance to policies and standards. Provides timely report of performance issues, incidents, and problems to the Assistant/Director of Resident Care
- Provides input in the performance evaluation of Personal Support Workers as required
- Ensures adequate nursing supplies and equipment on the unit and places orders as necessary. Ensures efficient and responsible use of such supplies
- Keeps up-to-date record and control of medication. Properly dispose of discontinued or expired medications
- Implements effective risk management and quality improvement programs, including infection control, occupational health and safety, incidents and falls, etc. and performs audits as assigned
- Provides timely and professional intervention to resident care issue
- Monitors the safety and security of the facility and assumes the duty of fire marshal in case of fire or disaster
- Participates in nursing-related committees as appropriate
- Coordinates and chairs interdisciplinary care conference for residents
- Provides updates on resident’s conditions during doctors’ rounds.
- Performs the role of Unit Nurse of the floor during the shift
- Supervises activities of students, as assigned, in accordance with the College of Nursing of Ontario’s Accountability Standards for Nurses Working with Students
- Provides job shadowing or mentorship to members of the health care team, as assigned
- Keeps up-to-date with developments and best practices in the field
- Other duties as assigned
- Registered with current Certificate of Competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Experience in nursing and staff supervision an asset
- Current CPR certificate & Cleared Vulnerable Sector (Valid within 6 months)
- Good leadership skills
- Computer literacy
- Cleared Police Reference Check (with vulnerable sector screen) results.
- Good communication skills in English
- Fluency in Chinese is an ASSET; understanding of Japanese an asset.
- Relevant satisfactory work performance
- Considerable standing, walking, lifting, and bending
- Exposure to all resident care elements through regular resident contact
- Shift work, including days, evenings, nights, and weekends
At Front Line Work Force Inc., we offer Competitive Pay, Weekly Pays, Weekly Paid Vacation Pay; Direct Deposit & Benefits are available. If you are interested in any of the above position, please email or bring in your resume, Photo ID & SIN card at time of application. We will be accepting applications Monday to Friday between 9am-3pm.
FRONT LINE WORK FORCE INC
Our address to apply in Person:
2077 Dundas St. East Unit 202
Mississauga, Ontario. L4X 1M2
We are located 2 lights west of HWY 427 across from Leon’s and Staples
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Casual, Seasonal
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Morning shift
- Night shift
- On call
- Weekends as needed
- First Aid Certification (required)
- LPN/RPN (required)
- Nursing (required)
- CPR Certification (required)
Front Line Work Force Inc. is in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA), 2005 and will, upon request, provide the information in this communication or documentation about our services in a format that takes into account a person’s disability.
All Front Line Work Force Inc. staff is fully trained and has established a Customer Service Standard in an effort to ensure that our office provides excellent customer service for all, including those with disabilities.
Front Line Work Force Inc. is pleased to assist those who may require specific accommodations due to a personal disability. We would ask that those who require assistance to notify our offices as soon as possible if accommodation is necessary.