Is a recognized leader offering a full range of personalized support and services to people with an intellectual disability and their families. We set the benchmark for excellence, innovation, and accountability in the developmental services sector. Our vision for society is one where everyone belongs and we help each other reach our dreams.
provides a residential camping program for people with an intellectual disability. Our guests are as young as 7 years and there is no upper age limit.
Looking for a job throughout the summer? Want a challenge and an experience that will last a lifetime? Look no further, maybe exactly what you’re looking for!
Location: Aurora rd. & Ninth Line, Whitchurch-Stouffville, ON
- Ensure that all day-to-day necessities are taken care of for the guests
- Assist guests with all hygiene care (showering, toileting, shaving, etc.) as needed
- Ensure all dietary and healthcare needs are met
- Document and communicate any incidents
- Prepare communications that are sent home with guests (guest reports)
- Create and implement recreational activities and adapt them to guests needs
- Use positive behavior management strategies to de-escalate any situation
- Communicate with co – counselors and all staff about guests needs
- Adhere to all policies and procedures
- Attend and contribute to all staff meetings
- Dependable and responsible
- High energy
- Compassionate and Caring
- Works well in a team
- Adaptable and quick thinking
- 1+ years’ experience working with individuals with special needs, an asset
- 1+ years’ experience in a recreational setting running or participating in recreational activities, an asset
- Post-secondary education in developmental services field or similar, an asset
- First Aid/CPR and AED Certification
- Vulnerable Sector Police Check
- At least 2 Doses of Covid 19 Vaccine
Shifts available: Days, evenings, overnights. Full-time, part-time, casual.