- Health Services (Assisted Living)
- - /
- Full Time
Front Line Health Care offers support to agencies, organizations and institutions that work with children, adolescents, adults, and seniors who are experiencing behavioural, social, emotional, and psychiatric difficulties.
We provide a professional and individualized approach to a Client-Centered Support system, reinforcing safety of the individual while contributing to specific client needs in their environment.
At Front Line Health Care, we offer a smarter way to staff selection. Our clients rely on us to provide qualified, reliable, and caring professionals to implement a high level of service to clients and patients that require unique care. Please see the job description below, if interested reply to further discuss this position.
Position: DSW – Development Support Worker
Group homes: Toronto, North York, Scarborough, Etobicoke
Rate of Pay: $21/hr
Start Date: ASAP
Hours of Work: All shifts - Day, Afternoon and Evening Shifts – Weekday, Weekends, Statutory holidays
This position contributes to the delivery of supports and programs consistent with life plans to meet the needs of individuals in order to enhance their capacity to function in all aspects of community living.
Responsibilities include participating in life planning sessions, implementing life skills programs, providing tailored support and providing appropriate personal and physical care and crisis response.
• Knowledge of health-care procedures and mechanical equipment – wheelchairs, lifts, G-tubes and other specialized equipment. Successful completion of internal legislated and mandated training. Valid driver’s license is an asset.
• Minimum of 6 months of work experience is required.
• Carrying out regularly assigned or prescribed duties related to the provision of services and supports
• Supporting assessment of day to day needs of individuals supported, the implementation of life plans, and monitoring achievement of personal outcomes.
• Providing appropriate personal and physical care including medication administration and crisis response
• Liaising with friends and family as required to address needs and to share information on behalf of individuals supported
• Supports life skills training and provides emotional support to individuals on a one-on-one or group basis
• Maintaining documentation and ensuring an appropriate standard of living for individuals supported.
• **Candidates must pass a medical and be free of contagious disease in accordance with applicable regulatory requirements and maintain appropriate immunizations, including providing proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 (including any recommended boosters/additional doses), subject to required human rights accommodation. Should a candidate be unable to vaccinate for bona fide human rights related reasons as protected by the Ontario Human Rights Code, our client will assess whether or not accommodation is possible without undue hardship based on the obligations of this position.
At time of application Must have Valid:
- DSW Certificate
- Criminal Police Background Check – Valid within the year
- CPR First Aide
- CPI – Crisis Prevention and Intervention OR SMG – Safe Management Certificate
- Vaccinated with Booster up to date
- Up to date immunizations (i.e. TB)
At Front Line Work Force Inc., we offer Competitive Pay, Weekly Pays, Weekly Paid Vacation Pay, Direct Deposit. If you are interested in any of the above position, please bring in your Resume, Photo ID & SIN card, Valid CPI, CPR/First Aid Certificate, Vulnerable Sector and DSW Certificate and Pharmacology Certificate at time of application. We will be accepting applications Monday to Friday between 9am-3pm.FRONT LINE WORK FORCE INC 2077 Dundas St East Unit 202 Mississauga Ontario L4X1M2 (2 sets of lights west of Hwy 427, across the street from Leon's)