PSW Casual, On-call, Relief $18.00 – 21.00/hr + wage enhancement $3/hr where applicable
- Health Services
- $18.00/hr -$21.00/hr + wage enhancement $3/hr where applicable - / Weekly
Working closely with the inpatient and outpatient child and adolescent interdisciplinary teams the Child and Youth Care (CYC) worker will collaborate on treatment plans for patients.
The CYC will work closely with the Child Psychiatrists, Social Workers and Nurses to ensure that progress or delay in treatment is articulated to ensure a seamless transition between the teams. The CYC will also play an important role for patients who attend the Emergency Department in ensuring that the patient and their family are connected with in a timely fashion and supported until engaged to appropriate services.
Front Line Health Care is seeking individuals who are competent in their chosen profession; patient/customer focused; team players; effective communicators; caring and respectful and are fiscally responsible.
• CYW/CYC certificate and diploma or degree from a recognized community college or university.
• 6 months to 1 year of mental health child and adolescent experience preferably in the hospital setting
• Must have knowledge of children's psycho-social development
• Able to work independently and effectively within a team.
• Must have competency in assessing risk issues and being able to address concerns within the community
• Experience in working with high conflict families and the skill set in deescalating conflict.
• Must have CPI Certification
• Must have computer skills (Word Processing)
• Satisfactory employment and good attendance record
$18.00 - 21.00/hr + wage enhancement $3/hr where applicable