RESIDENTIAL CHILD & YOUTH WORKER $18.00/hr -$19.00/hr + wage enhancement $3/hr where applicable
- Health Services
- $18.00/hr -$19.00/hr + wage enhancement $3/hr where applicable - / Weekly
- Full Time
At Front Line Health Care we offer a smarter way to staff selection. Our clients rely on us to provide qualified, reliable and caring professionals to implement a high level of service to clients and patients that require unique care.
The shifts are days/evenings and every other weekend. 8-12 hour shifts; the location is in Oshawa.
Job Title: RESIDENTIAL CHILD & YOUTH WORKER
Job Summary: To ensure the physical and psychological well-being of children and youth with moderate to severe emotional, behavioural, mental health and or developmental problems.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. To provide a healthy living environment by assisting the staff team in the day to day management of the home (e.g. household routines, chores, meal preparation & general cleanliness).
2. To ensure the child and youth’s physical needs are met by assisting with personal hygiene.
3. To teach the children and youth to relate in a socially appropriate manner through modelling and participating in daily routines and activities.
4. To provide appropriate levels of supervision and emotional support to each child and youth, as per their Treatment Plan.
5. To provide verbal crisis intervention, non-violent physical intervention and post crisis processing with the children and youth as outlined in UMAB training (Understanding & Managing Aggressive Behaviours), and as per the child or youth’s Safety Plan.
6. To attend and participate in bi-weekly reviews (staff meetings) of each individual child and youth within the home.
7. To attend regularly scheduled Progress Meetings with your direct supervisor to discuss personal goals and
8. To complete administrative tasks such as scheduling medicals, dental appointments and court appearances and accompany them to these appointments and provide documentation that these appointments occurred and the outcome of the appointments on the medical treatment records.
9. To organize and implement individual and group household programming.
10. To register individuals for and accompany them to outside organized sports, activities etc. as per the child or youth’s stated interest.
11. To write, read and/or initial the following reports and/or documents;
(A) Incident/Serious Occurrence reports
(B) Daily Logs
(C) Communication Book
(D) Staff meeting minutes
(E) Resident’s recording system (e.g., Plan of Cares)
12. To ensure effective communication takes place with families, social workers, school and community in a professional manner and to maintain appropriate personal presentation at all times.
13. To administer medication to children and youth following the agency’s medication policy and instructions.
14. To assume additional responsibilities as assigned by Team Leader.
A. To ensure that all mandatory training is current
• UMAB – Understanding & Managing Aggressive Behaviours (3-day orientation)
• UMAB – Understanding & Managing Aggressive Behaviours (16 hours per year)
• Clinical Training (every two years)
• Fire Safety Training (annually)
• Policy & Procedures Review (annually)
• First Aid Training (provided as needed)
B. To maintain the confidentiality of each individual and employee of client Services including, but not limited to, the identity of the child and youth and his or her family, employee information, and agency business.
C. To inform the Human Resource Manager of any changes to personal phone numbers and address information.
D. To inform the Human Resource Manager of any changes to dependent status and beneficiary designation for the purpose of updating the Benefit Plan (if applicable).
E. To ensure that updated auto insurance slips and driver’s licences are provided to the Human Resource Manager (if applicable).
F. To ensure that a personal Criminal Reference Check and Medical Clearance is submitted every three (3) years (from the date of previous documentation) to the Human Resource Manager.
G. To ensure that personal Immunization Records are kept up to date and submitted to the Human Resource Manager.
At Front Line Work Force Inc., we offer Competitive Pay, Weekly Pays, Weekly Paid Vacation Pay, Direct Deposit .
If you are interested in any of the above position, please bring in your resume, Photo ID & SIN card at time of application. We will be accepting applications Monday to Friday between 9am-3pm
FRONT LINE WORK FORCE INC 2077 Dundas St East Unit 202 Mississauga Ontario L4X1M2 905-629-7052 (2 sets of lights west of Hwy 427, across the street from the Leon’s)
$18.00/hr -$19.00/hr + wage enhancement $3/hr where applicable